To capture customer information securely, your website needs an SSL certificate.
The cost of this service includes:
- CSR generation.
- Communications with the SSL provider.
- Installation and testing of the SSL certificate.
- For WordPress systems, installation and configuration of two HTTPS plugins required to enforce SSL encryption.
- An analysis of non-secure items that may need to be changed.
* This service does not include the cost of the SSL certificate itself. Prices range from $9.00 to several hundred dollars depending upon where you buy it and the type you buy.
** Additional work may need to be done to your website core to ensure that all assets are called from a secure environment. The analysis will include a cost estimate for necessary changes.
Google Ranks Secure Sites Higher
That’s right! In a recent Google Webmaster Central blog post “HTTPS as a ranking signal”, Google is informing webmasters everywhere that it’s time to have a secure website. They will be giving better search engine rankings to websites who do, so what are you waiting for?