The basic service of moving your WordPress installation between two hosting companies involves the following:
- Communications with current hosting company and new hosting company to get login credentials.
- File level backup of your WordPress website and database.
- Changing WordPress administrator accounts (deletion, addition, etc.)
- A copy of your backed up website delivered to you.
- Setup and testing of the WordPress website at the new hosting provider.
If your transfer includes a domain name change, extra work may be be involved to switch out all the references of the old domain name within your content to the new domain name. If needed, this additional work is billed at $60/hour. You’ll be provided with a quote for additional time needed after I examine your current website.
By buying this service, you promise that the website is your property and there are no pending or current claims by any previous developers to the ownership of the code. If you do not have no access to the files and database at your current hosting provider, then this service won’t work for you.